He who sings scares away his woes.
Festival Lyrique International du Brabant Wallon
XI° Concours Lyrique International "Bell'Arte"
Discovering New Talents
April 12-14, 2019
Braine l'Alleud, Belgium
The Competition is open to singers in all voice categories and of all nationalities.
Singers may enter this competition in one of the three categories:
- Category "Non-professional": open to students/singers with no professional/superior voice studies
- Category "Young singers": for the soloists who didn't accomplish 24 years on April 1, 2019
- Category "Professional": as indicated, this division is open to all professional or future professional singers, without considering their age.
The contestants may either perform with an accompanists provided by the organisation (cost: 20 €)
or choose to bring their own accompanist (at the contestant's expense).
In the latter case, please complete the accompanist's data's in the application form.
The accompanist has to sign also the application form.
Applicants must submit the following materials in person or by post, postmarked by March 10, 2019,
at the latest to the Competition Secretariat (39bis, chaussée d'Alsemberg, 1420 Braine l'Alleud).
Submitted materials will not be returned.
- The application form fully completed + the programme that will be presented, including clearly the selected aria/oratorio.
(No modification of this programme will be allowed after March 10.)
- Scores as PDF by internet AND the assembled hard copies for the pianist by regular post.
- Copy of the ID or passport
- Professional resume, in English or in French
- 2 ID pictures (headshot-passport size) (not via e-mail)
- Copy of the proof of the payment of the admission fee of 70 Euros (non-reimbursable),
per category that the participant applies to.
!!! Special reduction for the participants to the masterclasses of LyricA Braine l'Alleud: Admission fee: 60 Euros
Only a complete application will be taken into consideration. No pictures or scores accepted by email.
HOUSING can be provided to 10 participants living out of Belgium, on an application rolling base. The price will be 50 € from April 11th evening till 15th morning. The housing is in rooms of 4-5 persons and doesn't include any meals. Ask for availability before applying.
The voice competition committee is allowed to modify organization elements if the circumstances require it.
The voice competition committee is also allowed to decide about an eventual cancellation of the competition.
All rounds of the competition may be recorded and videotaped for subsequent broadcast, video and audio recording use.
The applicants hereby grant the organisers the right to make use of their names, photography, voice and biographical materials as
well as audio, video and DVD recordings on TV, radio and Internet for promotional and commercial release.
The contestants are responsible for travel, accommodation and daily expenses.