He who sings scares away his woes.
Les Semaines Musicales du Brabant Wallon
XIV° Concours Lyrique International "Bell'Arte"
Discovering New Talents
Braine l'Alleud, Belgium
printable application form
Voice competition-chinese text
The Competition is open to singers in all voice categories and of all nationalities. Minimum age is 18 years.
Singers may enter this competition in one of the three categories:
- Category "Grands Amateurs": open to singers with no professional voice studies, minimum age: turning 30 years or more in 2023
- Category "Young singers": open to singers who didn't accomplish 25 years on January 1st, 2023, accessible from 18 years on.
- Category "Professional": open to singers with professional education (Conservatory, Musichochschule, University, ... ) from 25 to 45 years old on January 1st, 2023
Due to the current sanitary crisis, the committee decided to organize the eliminatory round as a virtual round.
Candidates are invited to submit the recording of their performance through Youtube, as an UNLISTED video, before January 15th, 2023, midnight.
Find the instructions here:
Voice Recording Instructions 2023
During the semi-final and final round, the candidates may either perform with an accompanist provided by the organisation (25 €)
or choose to bring their own accompanist (at the candidate's expense).
In the latter case, please complete the accompanist's data's in the application form.
The accompanist has to sign also the application form.
Applicants must submit their application by email or by regular priority post, postmarked by January 15th, 2023, NEW APPLICATION DEADLINE,
at the latest to the Competition Secretariat:
Fondation Bell'Arte aisbl
39bis, chaussée d'Alsemberg
1420 Braine l'Alleud
Submitted materials will not be returned.
The following documents have to be submitted:
Only a complete application will be taken into consideration.
- The application form fully completed in CAPITAL LETTERS
Link of the video of the candidate's performance for the first round, submitted through
Youtube, as an UNLISTED video, by JANUARY 10th, at the latest.
DETAILED PROGRAM per round on separate document including the selected works for eliminatory round.
Indicate clearly for each work: A) title/Aria, B) Opera/Oratorio, C) Character, D) Composer
No modification to this program will be allowed after January 10th, 2023.
- 2 Pictures (headshot, passport size) + copy of passport
- Photo suitable for publicity purposes-free of all rights
- Professional biography in English or French
- scores as PDF file at application and post mailed by February 5th if selected for the semi-final.
Copy of the proof of payment: admission fee of 80 € (not refundable).
For the semi-final and final round, HOUSING, in a shared room (4 persons), can be provided to a limited number of candidates living abroad.
The price is 60 € from February 24th afternoon till February 27th , 10 AM. It doesn't include any meal.
Payment is due on forehand.
Ask for availability before applying. (Covid sanitary conditions will be respected!!!)
- The voice competition committee is allowed at any time to modify organization elements and/or to decide about an eventual cancellation of the competition, if the circumstances or sanitary situation require it.
- Prizes are awarded (and may be withheld) at the jury's discretion. The chair's decision on all matters is final.
- All rounds of the competition may be recorded and videotaped by the organizers for subsequent broadcast, video and audio recording use.
- The candidates hereby grant the organizers the right to make use of their names, photography, voice and biographical materials as well as audio, video and DVD recordings on TV, radio and Internet for promotional and commercial release.
- All submitted materials, including photos, become property of the Fondation Bell'Arte aisbl.
- The candidates are responsible for travel, accommodation and daily expenses.