He who sings scares away his woes.
Festival Lyrique International du Brabant Wallon
XII° Concours Lyrique International "Bell'Arte"
Discovering New Talents
April 9-11, 2020
Braine l'Alleud, Belgium
printable application form
Chinese version of the general information
The Competition is open to singers in all voice categories and of all nationalities. Minimum age is 16 years.
Singers may enter this competition in one of the three categories:
- Category "Non-Professional": open to students/singers with no professional/superior voice studies
- Category "Young singers": for the soloists who didn't accomplish 24 years on April 1, 2020
- Category "Professional": as indicated, this division is open to all professional
or future professional singers, without considering their age.
The candidates may either perform with an accompanists provided by the organisation (cost: 20 €)
or choose to bring their own accompanist (at the candidate's expense).
In the latter case, please complete the accompanist's data's in the application form.
The accompanist has to sign also the application form.
Applicants must submit the following materials in person or by post, postmarked by March 10, 2020,
at the latest to the Competition Secretariat:
39bis, chaussée d'Alsemberg
1420 Braine l'Alleud
Submitted materials will not be returned.
The following documents have to be submitted:
- The application form fully completed in BLOCKLETTERS
- On a separated sheet: the detailed program that will be presented, clearly indicating:
A) title/aria, B) opera/oratorio, C) character, D) composer.
On this same sheet: the singer's chosen works for the 1st round, as detailed under "rounds"
(No modification of this programme will be allowed after March 10.)
- Scores as PDF by internet AND the assembled-sticked paper copies for the pianist by regular postmail:
39bis, chaussée d'Alsemberg,
- Copy of the ID or passport + 2 photos ID (headshot/passport size)
- Professional resume, in English or in French
- 2 ID pictures (headshot-passport size) (not via e-mail)
- Copy of the proof of the payment of the admission fee of 70 Euros (non-reimbursable),
per category that the participant applies to + 20 € for the pianist(if requested by the singer at the application).
!!! Special reduction in case the candidate participates also to the masterclasses
of LyricA Braine l'Alleud: Admission fee: 60 Euros
Only a complete application will be taken into consideration.
HOUSING can be provided to 10 candidates living out of Belgium, on an application rolling base. The price will be 50 € from April 8th evening till 12th morning. The housing is in rooms of 4 persons and doesn't include any meals. Ask for availability before applying.
The voice competition committee is allowed to modify organization elements if the circumstances require it.
The voice competition committee is also allowed to decide about an eventual cancellation of the competition.
All rounds of the competition may be recorded and videotaped for subsequent broadcast, video and audio recording use.
The candidates hereby grant the organisers the right to make use of their names, photography, voice and biographical materials as well as audio, video and DVD recordings on TV, radio and Internet for promotional and commercial release.
The candidates are responsible for travel, accommodation and daily expenses.